Staying active is a major part of maintaining your independence as an older person. Programs at the Mercy Health Wellness Centre especially benefit people aged 65-plus with reduced balance, a history of falls, or those experiencing a general decline in muscle strength and conditioning.
Our goal at the Mercy Health Wellness Centre is to help older people regain previous levels of movement, independence and mobility through exercise therapy.
We welcome people who have recently been admitted to hospital for falls, fractures, joint replacement, or rehabilitation.
By participating in our specially designed classes, you can:
- maintain your independence and quality of life
- increase your fitness levels, balance, coordination, and lower your risk of falling in the future
- meet new friends in classes and social gatherings.
Our Physiotherapist will assess your current health and fitness level to create a personalised exercise program that is uniquely tailored to you.
What classes are available at the Wellness Centre?
Choose from a range of classes including:
- strengthening, for upper and lower body
- balance, to improve stability and coordination
- floor, for improved muscle tone
- physiotherapy for older people who have reduced balance, a history of falls, or those looking for a little more exercise to maintain their independence at home and in the community.
How can I access or contact the Wellness Centre?
For more information or to book a tour of the Wellness Centre, please call
The Wellness Centre is open on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 9.00am to 3.00pm.
The Mercy Health Wellness Centre is located at:
Mercy Place Keon Park
15 Tunaley Parade
We’re also online!
Now, you can stay active and improve your strength and balance, all in the comfort of your own home.
Every Wednesday, 11.30am – 12.30pm.
All you need is a computer with an internet connection and Skype software. Skype is free to download and easy to use.
To register for online classes please email Janine Miller on email@example.com
Last reviewed March 26, 2019.