Fun, family and friends
Spending time with family and friends is important. We can make it easier to ensure you don’t miss out on any of your favourite activities. Enjoy a wide range of services to help you stay connected with your loved ones and your community; we can support you to go on social outings with other people, or help you to spend time doing the things you enjoy at home.
Socialising with friends
We can help you enjoy social outings, connect and catch up with people in your community, and take part in other activities or hobbies. These can include:
- Going out for coffee or lunch, visiting friends or family, going to the movies or the theatre, attending weddings and parties—anything you enjoy.
- Taking the time to understand and match your interests with our skilled team so you can enjoy your hobbies, like scrapbooking, sewing, baking, reading, gardening, flower arranging, playing or listening to music, walking, and exercising.
Technology skills to stay connected
We can support you to learn and use new skills to stay independent and keep in touch with your loved ones. Our technology services can help you:
- Learn to use online shopping.
- Learn to use your iPad/tablet.
- Learn to use Skype and Facetime.
- Learn to use telehealth services.
How to access services
If any of these services appeal to you—whether on their own or grouped together to help you stay connected with your family, friends and the community—you have a range of options. The key point is that we’re here to help, in any way you need. If you need some additional clarity or you’d like to talk things through, give us a call—1300 466 322.
You may be able to access services through a Home Care Package, a government-subsidised funding package for home care.
You may be eligible for other government funding options, and you can always purchase services immediately with your own money.