If you are caring for a loved one — we can give you a break from your care responsibilities. Carers do an amazing job and it is important for them to take time out to rest and recharge or attend to personal tasks. We offer comprehensive support by taking on your usual responsibilities as a primary carer.
Respite care is support for carers who have taken on the responsibility of supporting someone who is no longer able to look after themselves independently.
Also known as ‘short-term care’, respite care is a chance to take a break. Our team will take on the usual responsibilities involved in your routine as a carer, so you can go on holidays, handle errands or spend quality time with the person you have been caring for. Our respite care services can include:
- respite care in the comfort of your own home
- assistance to find local groups or activities where your loved one can enjoy a day out of the house
- care for your loved one overnight in your home if you need some time to rest undisturbed
- assistance to access short-term care in a residential aged care service for an extended break
- regular planned care services, or services in response to an unexpected event.
How to access services
You can choose services on their own or bundled together to help you live a healthy lifestyle. We are here to help in any way you need. If you would like to talk things through, give us a call on 1300 478 776.
You may be able to access services through a government-subsidised Home Care Package.
You may be eligible for other government funding options, and you can always purchase services immediately with your own money.
Last reviewed March 29, 2019.