Mercy Health Home Care Services is committed to providing quality care and services that are compassionate and respectful.
As a Mercy Health Home Care Services client, you have the right to:
- Receive safe and high quality services
- Be treated with respect and dignity
- Be accepted as an individual and have personal, cultural and religious practices and diversity supported
- Live without abuse or neglect
- Be listened to and understood
- Be given information you can understand. For example you may need help from an interpreter
- Have choice and be involved in making decisions
- Choose to have help from a support person or advocate to speak for you
- Ask to see your own personal records
- Give feedback including complaints and suggestions, without affecting your services
- Exercise your rights
- Have your personal information kept private
Mercy Health Home Care Services asks that our clients accept responsibility to:
- Treat our staff with respect
- Make sure that your house is safe for our staff when they visit you at home
- Tell us the information we need to know, including when your details or your needs change
- Let us know if you are not able to be at home at an agreed service time
- Follow written agreements
Learn more about your rights as a Mercy Health Home Care Services client.
Last reviewed January 4, 2019.